Thursday, July 1, 2010

NE State Capital

Today I ventured to the Nebraska State capital to visit with Senator Kate Sullivan. I had met Senator Sullivan at the Valley County Health Gala we both attended in January at the start of this year. It was very interesting because she also attended the University of Nebraska- Lincoln and also majored in clothing and textile design. So we hit it off instantly!


Senator Kate Sullivan handles District 41, which contains a lot of small towns in Nebraska including my home town. During our visit we discussed the terrible floods that occurred in Central Nebraska this year due to heavy rain fall and the dams breaking and flooding several towns. Luckily it looks as though grants will be sent to those in need in a matter of time. She did, however, ask me to spread the word that if you have had flood damage due to these instances, save your receipts in hopes to be re-compensated in the near future.


We also discussed my platform, "The Importance of Education" and how I can reach out to the state of Nebraska. She was a huge help and gave me a lot of great ideas! It was great getting to know her better and work together on various ideas for the future.

Best wishes,
Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment