Saturday, July 31, 2010

Nebraska's Big Rodeo


Posing for Nebraska Life Magazine. Photo cutisy of Jorn Olsen.

Today my sister and I went to Nebraska's Big Rodeo in Burwell, Nebraska. I started the day by appearing in the parade at 10:00AM. Then had a meet and greet at the fair grounds at 12:00PM and then appeared in the Grand March at 1:00PM before the rodeo started.

My sister and I before the parade in the morning.

My official candy thrower :-)

The rodeo returned to Burwell as it did in 1921 when the town's first-ever rodeo began with a wild horse race. The facilities at Nebraska's Big Rodeo are one of the largest outdoor rodeo areas in the world. Events like clown acts, dinner bell derby, a mounted flag presentation and much more may be happening at the same time as regular events take place in the arena. Many visitors return just to see what they missed last time! The rodeo and fair are held each year on a sprawling 40 acres of grounds.

Photo cutisy of Jorn Olsen.

Signing autographs at the meet and greet. Photo cutisy of Jorn Olsen.

She came out and watched Miss USA in Vegas!

Meet and greet.

It was great to return to Burwell for the rodeo. I had been there about 4 years ago. It's a great summer activity for the entire family! The rodeo hits home to me because my mom and uncle used to participate in the horse show back in the day when they were in high school.

At the Grand March Parade.

The rodeo attracts a larch crowd from all over Nebraska. The Calamus lake and recreation area are located in Burwell as well, so the town was packed! All of the hotels were filled in Burwell, as well as the surrounding towns. It was amazing to be able to talk to people from all over Nebraska. I was so humbled by the large amount of support I received from people who had watched the pageant and were cheering me on when I competed for Miss USA. That's the great thing about Nebraska; we have some of the best people living here!

Check out Nebraska's Big Rodeo here.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend,
Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment