Monday, July 12, 2010

Farm Safety



Sunday evening I traveled across the state to Imperial, Ne to give a speech Monday morning to the Chase County's Progressive Agriculture Farm Safety Day. It was five hour drive, so I made sure to have the essentials: bag, gps, snacks, new songs on the Ipod, a full tank of gas, and of course my sash and crown! It was a nice drive and I got to see the other side of Nebraska, and even changed time zones! It was a great drive, minus the hail storm and sudden monsoon that I encountered half way through the drive; but that's Nebraska weather for ya!


I spent the night at the Imperial Inn, and got up the next morning to head to the fair grounds. I spoke of my experience with farm safety and told my story to approximately 150 kids and adults. I got asked lots of fun questions and then it was time for the campers to rotate to their next station for a full day of safety learning. The day educates kids on all aspects of safety involved on a farm. For more information check out this website: http://www.progressiveag.org/


Best wishes to all,
Belinda Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment