Saturday, July 24, 2010

Miss Teen Fantasy Camp, Dolphins & Miss Teen USA 2010




We started the day at Dolphin Cay. All I can say is this was an amazing event that I will never forget! This was a shallow water dolphin interaction. We watched Echo do lots of tricks with the slight movement of the trainers hand and the sound of a whistle. Dolphins are amazing animals and quite amazing. I felt so blessed to be able to interact with them. We got to kiss them and give them high fives, along with watching them do lots of fun tricks!


After Dolphin Cay we got the rest of the day to explore Atlantis! Miss California, Nicole Johnson, and Miss Arkansas, Adrielle Churchill, and I went down the rapids and down all of the fun slides in Atlantis. We went to the beach and pool where we ran into Miss Virginia, Samantha Casey. After laying out and soaking up the sun we headed back to the hotel to shower and get ready for dinner and the final show for Miss Teen USA.

Me, Samantha Casey and Nicole Johnson at the beach.

Miss Teen USA was amazing. We all watched in suspense. I was proud of Amanda, she did an amazing job! Miss Maryland pulled off the win; and it was really cool because her little sis was in the camp with us! It was great to see Victoria's reaction as she watched her sister get crowned Miss Teen USA.

Josh Rogers, our camp trainer, and I.

The campers and camp counselors before Miss Teen USA.

With the new Miss Teen USA!

Miss USA 2010 girls.

After the pageant we headed for bed then woke up bright and early to say our goodbyes. This was hard and very sad because after a week of being with everyone we all became really close. With some tears and lots of hugs we bid farewell to everyone. Nicole had a late flight, like I did, so we decided to hit up the pool at the Cove one last time. It was great to spend the day with someone who I now consider an amazing friend.

Nicole and I the last day in the Bahamas.

Helping out with this camp was an amazing experience I can't begin to describe. Not only did I get to bond with USA title holders on a different level, but I got to meet and help the campers grown immensely throughout the week. It was amazing to watch the campers' self confidence shoot through the roof! Working with the Miss Universe Organization was another amazing experience. It made me even more proud to wear the Miss Nebraska USA sash.

Yours truly,
Belinda Wright
Miss Nebraska USA 2010

2 comments:

  1. This made me even MORE excited to be going to this years camp :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you signed up to attend this years camp! I promise you will have an amazing time!

      Delete