Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sizzle Under the Stars


Tonight was an amazing evening at Ironwood Golf Course in Omaha, Nebraska. I teamed up with former Nebraska quarterback Joe Ganz, Fire Captain Darren Garrean, Nebraska native Elizabeth Kitt who was on the Bachelor, Misty Janssen MD Practitioner with Alegant Health, Ryan McPike Chief Meteorologist for MNTV Action 3 News and local personalities Big Party and Jeff Degan of Channel 94.1 to auction off date packages to raise money for ALS in the Heartland.

Joe Ganz and I.

Big Part, Joe Ganz, and Elizabeth Kitt and I at VIP hour.

Elizabeth Kitt, a contestant on the Bachelor, and I before auctioning off our packages.

With some of the girls who auctioned off packages at the VIP event.

Big Party from channel 94.1 and I.

Joe Ganz and Elizabeth Kitt.

Sizzle Under the Stars is Omaha's hottest new event of the summer. The Cox Classic teamed up with ALS in the Heartland to host this benefit featuring Omaha's only celebrity charity auction. I auctioned of donations from Kimberly Spa, for a spa experience, a golf outing at Tiburon Golf Course, and a wine tasting and bread basket for two at James Arthur Vineyard. My package was sold to Metro Magazine, whom I've had the honor to work with for the July cover.

With Andy Hoig, the publisher of Metro Magazine.

On stage auctioning off my package.


Besides the fact that it was EXTREMELY hot and humid (but that's Nebraska weather for you :-) it was a great evening and the best part is that we were able to raise money for ALS patients and families! Following the auction, the local band Secret Weapon performed and fireworks were shot off. A great ending to the evening!

Check out my web-interview here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-4nCaWzEQc


All the best,
Belinda Wright
Miss NE 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment