Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Pride


The scorching hot heat along with humidity didn't stop anyone from showing up for the Chicago Pride Parade we attended in our neighborhood two weeks ago. Like I mentioned in my previous post, festivals are all the rage in Chicago's summer months, but I think the Chicago Pride Parade takes the cake. Rainbows lined the streets and the outfits were more creative than ever. The heat didn't ruin anyone's mood; I've never been surrounded by so many happy people in one place. There was one point when we were hot, sweaty and trying to find a friend in a crowd that was literally bumper to bumper. That was a situation when people could have easily got upset, or claustrophobic, but not at Pride. 

I myself couldn't handle 800,000 people packed on Halsted street for too long, but if you're new to Chicago, or haven't attended it's a must. When we decided to head home we realized we were on the wrong side of the street. This resulted in us taking a long route around the parade which was quite an adventure. Along the way we got some gelato (which I've been craving every day since I left Rome) and we were happy. This city has yet to show us a bad time!

Finally found some delicious gelato!

No comments:

Post a Comment