Thursday, July 26, 2012

Missing Family & Friends

With my family (missing my sister) at Miletta Vista Winery for my birthday.

I've been in Chicago for nearly 2 months and it's been nothing but great; but I can't deny I'm missing my family and friends. One of the reasons I chose to move to Chicago was because it was a quick trip home. Luckily I'll be traveling home mid August to graduate from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln with my Master's! But what I'm really anxious for, is to see and spend time with my loved ones. 

(Sadly, Miletta Vista had a tragedy and was burned to the ground by lightning shortly after we visited. Please send prayers to all who were affected.) 


And of course, after my family I'm missing my dear friends. I have to say I'm a pretty lucky girl to have the friends I do. Luckily for Skype, phone calls and Facebook, my friends don't seem near as far away as they are; that is my friends in Nebraska anyway. Below are some photos from my birthday/going away party at James Arthur Vineyard. Funny, I'm beginning to see a theme here with my love of winery's and parties.

My long time best friend!

2 comments:

  1. We miss you girl! We're so proud of you and definitely jealous of all the fun things you've been up to in Chicago. Take care until we see you next time!
    Kim and Preston

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you both!! Can't wait until we can catch up, hopefully soon. Hope all is well your way. You and Preston will have to come visit sometime; we'd love to show you around the city!

    ReplyDelete