Sunday, July 1, 2012

1 month Chicago Anniversary

Picture from my bus stop when leaving work.

Wow! Where has the time gone? My first month in Chicago has been a whirlwind, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm still so fascinated by this city I'm sure I get mistaken for a tourist quite often. It's safe to say Chicago is another world compared to Lincoln, Nebraska, let alone Scotia, Nebraska (my home town of 318 people). One thing remains the same though, the people in Chicago have lived up to the rumors and are extremely polite and kind. Below are some things I've learned so far, but I'm sure this list will continue to grow as I become more accustomed to "city life."

Things I've learned thus far: 

1. There's a festival to attend in Chicago every day if you want.
2. Always pack an extra pair of shoes for the commute.
3. You'll be known by all your neighbors by your dog's name.
4. You could eat out every day of the year for 3 years and still not make a dent in the resturants this city has to offer. 
5. Never get on the north bound bus when you're trying to go south bound, unless you want an hour tour of neighborhoods.

Our neighborhood
Beautiful artwork on the way to the beach.
Our rooftop by night
Favorite Thai food in our neighborhood: Ping Pong.
Chicago has beautiful landscaping that I can't get enough of.
Evenings spent at the dog park.
Date night

No comments:

Post a Comment