Saturday, July 14, 2012

Lincoln's Zoos


Michael and I are always on a mission to find fun things to do in the city without breaking the bank. When we found out the Lincoln Park Zoo was free, we were excited to spend a Saturday there with new friends. It turns out Chicago’s weather isn’t much different than Nebraska’s. It was beautiful one minute, and then when we decided to leave, a sudden storm came in. Luckily it only lasted for around 30 minutes. The zoo isn’t far from our apartment so we enjoyed the walk through Lincoln Park on the running/biking path. The zoo was super clean and had a lot of great attractions. My personal favorite has always been the monkey exhibit.


Spending the day at the zoo made me miss my family. Earlier this summer we visited the Lincoln (Nebraska) Children’s Zoo with my niece and nephew. I thought it was kind of funny that we move to a different state and visit another Lincoln zoo. Nonetheless, going to the zoo, whether it’s with good friends or family, has always been one of my favorite summer activities!


2 comments:

  1. Aw, love that passed out little baby! I can't believe the zoo is free! My boys would LOVE that!

    Amy



    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes that would be my nephew, whom I love so much! He was so tired by the end of the day! And I was as shocked as you were to find that the zoo was free! Score!

      Delete