Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Lincoln Park Farmer's Market


The other weekend, Michael and headed to the Lincoln Park Farmer's Market early one Saturday morning. I had read up on the best Farmer Market's in the city, and this one received great reviews. Lincoln Park has a beautiful little running/walking/biking path that we took to get there. It's covered by trees and we even rode by a driving range that I'm sure we'll be checking out before the summer comes to an end. 

It was a quick ride for us to get to the market on Armitage Ave & Orchard St. Coming from a farm family and farm community, I am always excited to get fresh veggies and fruits; and of course to give back to the "farmers." To my surprise they were serving crepes and fresh bread. This reminded me of Europe, and Michael or I couldn't have been more excited. Unfortunately we left feeling a little disappointed. Maybe I had too high of expectations after reading the raving reviews and from being a reoccurring customer at Los Angele's farmer's market at the Grove. If you've never been, LA's farmer's market is absolutely huge and wonderful. 

In the end, we came home with some amazing peaches and fresh bread for bruschetta. We plan to scope out other farmer's markets Chicago has to offer; so I'll be sure to share what we find!

Harley will be receiving this for his upcoming 21st birthday at the end of the month :)
Notice the bite out of the bread in my basket, Michael couldn't wait till we got home (haha)

2 comments:

  1. I have never been to a farmer's market. Looks fun! I think it is too hot here now. (I'm in Louisiana.) You look super cute by the way!

    Amy



    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy! I guess I can't complain about the heat here, because I hear the humidity is like none other in Louisiana! Thanks so much for the compliment and for reading! You will have to look for farmer's markets in your area- there are usually lots of good finds!

    ReplyDelete