Monday, June 11, 2012

The Big Move

Harley and I busy packing.

Wow, what a whirlwind these last few weeks have been. I can hardly believe it’s June 11th! On May 14th I left for Europe for 12 days with a good friend. We traveled to London, Paris and Rome; but that deserves a blog post of its own! When I got back to the states I was anxious to get home to see my family before I took off for the windy city. While home we celebrated my birthday and before I knew it I was back in Lincoln packing for Chicago!


It’s hard to believe how much stuff one can accumulate over a couple years. I was leaving my apartment complex of nearly 3 years and boxing my things up, along with Michael's, was not as easy as it used to be. But with lots of elbow grease and organization, we loaded up the U-Haul and were off for Chicago bright and early, June 1st!

Loading up late Thursday night.
Saying goodbye to Apartment 93
Bright and early Friday morning before getting on the road.
Harley enjoying his little nook in the backseat.

Michael and I were lucky enough to have my brother and sister-in-law help us move. With my brother’s strength and driving the U-Haul the move went very smooth. We even accidentally took I-80 and avoided the dreaded toll ways on the way. It was supposed to rain, but luck was on our side again with lots of sunshine. When we entered Chicago we also got a glimpse of rush hour, which I will now be avoiding at all costs. But nonetheless we arrived at our new home at 5PM and began to unload and unpack. It was only natural to order in Chicago deep dish for our first meal and first house guests!

After a couple days of organizing and strategic thinking, we were settled! Since then we’ve enjoyed the lake shore running and biking path that are steps away from our apartment, the dog beach and Lincoln Park that Harley can’t get enough of and have been exploring our new neighborhood. We’ve spent time with old and new friends and I think it’s safe to say we are all feeling right at home!

Until next time,

Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment