Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Harley’s Heaven

 
Around 3 years ago when we decided to get Harley I never knew what an important part of my life he would become. So when it came to the move I was a little worried with how he would adjust.

I’m happy to say that I don’t think he could be happier. We have a dog beach and park just a quick walk away. Since he’s part Golden Retriever, he LOVES the water. I’ve never seen a dog sprint so hard and play so long in the water before. The dog beach has been great, because not only can he run around leash free, but he also gets to play around with other pups. When we lived in Lincoln, Harley didn't get socialized enough, so I'm hoping we can make up for that while in Chicago. I can't say we mind the view of the dog beach either. I can’t get enough of the harbor. 


Then there’s the “dog park.” It’s not a designated dog park, but everyone lets his or her dogs off the leash so we followed suit. I was worried that he wouldn’t listen to us and would take full advantage of being leash free with the city at his disposal. But luckily, he’s been very good and runs right around us and comes back when we call him. 

The only "problem" with Harley is that he lives off of a routine. And when I say live, I mean that he usually knows when it's time do something often before I do! So now when the evening hits he gets so excited for his time spent out doors with his new puppy friends.

Having a dog in the city has been a great conversation starter. Harley gets compliments every time we step out the door. While he's busy making doggy friends, I get a chance to meet my neighbors. I think it helps that he's such a sweet dog and instantly befriends people and dogs alike. I hope any dog lovers out there appreciate this post. :)




4 comments:

  1. you have the cutest dog! I am glad he adjusted so easily! That is always a nerveracking feeling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) He's so much fun. Yes, it was very nerveracking! So glad it's gone smoothly thus far!

      Delete
  2. Firstly I really love that you are so in love with your doggy! I hate seeing people who don't care about their animals, and I'm really happy your little pup is adjusting so well. He's absolutely beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree, it's always a shame to see people who don't care or take proper care of their animals. They are such a joy, I can't imagine life without him! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete