Saturday, June 23, 2012

Sweet Summertime


Before moving to Chicago everyone continued to rave about the amazing Chicago summers. I now understand why!

Although we’ve been lucky with beautiful weather, summer in the city has lived up to my high expectations. As a lover of all things outdoors and bright colors, we’ve taken advantage of the Lake Shore Drive running/biking trail, North Avenue beach, outdoor dining and grilling, and have spent numerous hours in the park and exploring our new neighborhood.

We’ve taken full advantage of our apartment’s rooftop by either sipping on a glass of wine or, my personal favorite, grilling with sangria. It’s a great spot to socialize with friends, which we’ve done once, and plan to do more once we make more friends. :) 
 
Sangria
View of the Harbor.
My grilling buddy :)

We’re steps away from the Lake Shore Drive running/biking trail (that stretches 27 miles long!) so we biked to the North Avenue beach with Harley, only to find out dogs weren’t allowed on the beach. Luckily there was a great little grass area where we camped out for a bit.

Hydrating after a mile bike ride to the beach.

Here’s a recipe for my favorite summertime drink! My friend gave me her recipe and I can’t get enough! It's kind of a "pour until it tastes right" recipe.

Summertime Sangria

1 bottle Pinot Grigio
Lemonade
Rum (4 oz)
Triple Sec (4 oz)
1 cup brown sugar (melt sugar on stove top)
Fruit (Strawberrys, Oranges, Apples, Berrys) 

2 comments: