Monday, March 5, 2012

Goodbye Cali...for now


My last days in Cali were very bitter....with very little sweet. Although I was anxious to get home and see my loved ones and my pup, I had really found my place in California. Not only was my job everything I had dreamed of (working in a highly creative ad agency, working with great people, working in entertainment and being challenged everyday) but I had a great group of girlfriends.

And let's be honest, the beach, constant 75 degree weather mixed in with sunshine wasn't anything to complain about. As Nebraskans, we love to talk about the weather; and well, the time I was in California, the weather was just about perfect. Did I mention that there was no humidity?!

Some photos below are from San Diego, when two of my best friends (Haley Herold and Geneice Wilcher, both former Miss Nebraskas) came for the weekend. 

Haley, Geneice and I in San Diego

I continued to work on my bucket list, which included: the Fashion District (with another Nebraska Native and friend),  Rodeo Drive, Laguna Beach (with my other best friend who came to Cali with her family for a summer vaca), lots of sushi and Sprinkles cupcakes,

Laguna
Farewell dinner with Miss USA and Cali friends

And perhaps one of the hardest goodbyes was at my summer job. I left Los Angeles Center Studies with good friends and loads of new experiences. 

 

Best,
BW

No comments:

Post a Comment