Monday, October 11, 2010

The Taste of Columbus



Sunday evening I traveled to Columbus, Nebraska to make an appearance at the "Taste of Columbus." All procedes were being donated 50/50 to the Paws and Claws, a non profit in Columbus, and the Columbus Chamber of Commerce.

Visiting while Columbus people enjoyed the great food!

There was a large crowd of 700-900 people from the Columbus community who came to support the city and Paws and Claws. The event consisted of tastings from Columbus eateries. My main duty was to help raise money for Paws and Claws. I sold raffle tickets, and I must say nearly every person bought a ticket in support of the cause!

Signing autographs and visiting!

I was also surprised with an autograph picture from "Fred," a youtube star from Columbus Nebraska. He wrote me an autograph picture, so of course I had to do one in return! Fred is now a junior in high school, has had millions of views of his youtube videos, and has contracted with Nickelodeon to make a movie and sitcom.

It was a pleasure to be invited by Columbus to attend one of their largest fundraising events. The food was amazing and the company even better! This was my last appearance as Miss Nebraska USA, in my sash anyways :-), so it was great to go out with a bang!

Sending my best,
Belinda Wright
Miss NE '10

No comments:

Post a Comment