Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Miss Nebraska USA 2011



Well the day has come....my last hours as the reigning Miss Nebraska USA. Although the time flew faster than I ever imagined, I'm excited for one of these ladies to experience an amazing year. Amanda and I got to sleep in today, and that was something I haven't got to do in a long time! After we woke up we recorded our voice overs for our farewells speeches.

With Fawnia, my hairstylist!

With the Miss girls before we hit the stage.

Squeezing in for a picture backstage.

We didn't have to be at the theatre until 3PM for dress rehersal so I signed good luck autograph cards to all of the girls. Then it was time to back up, and let me tell you that was not easy. You wouldn't believe how many things I needed to back for just one weekend! But I managed to get everything packed up, got semi ready and headed to the theatre for dress rehearsal.

Chit chatting on stage.

Former Miss Nebraskas.


Fawnia and Joe did Amanda and I's hair and make up. That was a huge relief! A misconception about a beauty queen may be that we like to do our hair and make up. Well, sometimes I do. But to be completely honest I'm a mascara, powder and blush kind of girl. My grandma always did my hair when I was younger since she was a hairstylist for 40+ years, so I've never really enjoyed doing my hair. Don't get me wrong, I love to get fancied up, but 3 days in a row is pushing it! So needless to say, Fawnia and Joe saved the day!

Presenting runner up awards.

The end of our farewell walk.


Finals night went well, but so fast! Before I knew it my farewell speech was playing and it was time for me to take my final walk. This was tough. I was overwhelmed with emotions, I still can not believe my year as Miss Nebraska was coming to an end! I only dropped a few tears, it wasn't a complete bawl session, so I was proud of that.

A great boyfriend!

My amazing grandma and mom.

Brad Hughes, the BEST emcee!

Then it was time to give out awards and announce the runner ups and winner! Before I knew it I was crowning Haley Herald, the new Miss Nebraska USA 2011. It couldn't have gone to a more deserving woman. Haley rocked the stage and excuded pure beauty and confidence. She is beautiful inside and out and I'm glad to call her my friend. Her and I competed against eachother at Miss Nebraska USA 2009, my very first pageant. We have been friends ever since. It couldn't have been a better experience than passing the crown to someone who I know truly deserves it.

I'm so excited to now help Haley with her year. She will do fantastic as Miss Nebraska USA 2011. Joining her reign is Madison Novak, a complete doll who will also do a great job.

Crowning moment.

The new Miss Nebraska and I.


Well, I have officially been initiated into the HSBQ club. That stands for "Has Been Beauty Queen." And I can't say I'm sad. I'm ready for a new goal, a new dream and more new experiences. It was has been an amazing year and I'm excited to continue in a different direction. Don't think you're getting rid of me yet, I'll still be blogging about my "Life After the Crown," and I'll still be representing the "Small town girl with big city dreams." Keep a look out and I'll be sure to keep you updated.

Vanbros titleholder picture!

All the best,
Miss Nebraska USA 2010
Belinda Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment