Sunday, October 24, 2010

Miss NE Prelims



Today started with Amanda and I filming our farewell video. We went to UNL campus and walked around while doing still life modeling. I must say, we had a good time! We definetly took some fun shots and had a good time! Later we'll do our voice over and the videographer will put together the farewell video and play it finals night at Miss Nebraska USA.

Amanda and I took some photos while shooting our video.

While we were shooting our video, the girls started rehearsal at 7AM at the Rococo theatre. They went over the opening number dance, evening gown walk and swimsuit walk and the schedule of how the evening would go.


Amanda and I arrived at the theatre at 1PM and ate lunch with the girls. This was a good time to encourage the girls and keep them excited about the weekend. After eating we went over the opening number dance and Amanda and I stepped in and did our parts. Luckily we really lucked out this year and didn't have a difficult dance. Although I love dancing, it was nice to be able to only learn one 8 count!

The contestants rehearsing at the theater.

After rehearsing our parts with the girls we watched dress rehearsal and took notes on what how the girls performed on stage. I got a chance to talk one on one with each contestant and give them feed back about what I've learned about stage presence this year. I remember past titleholders doing this and it was a huge help and kept me confident as prelims approached.

Geneice and I at the Preliminary show.

With some of the contestants before the opening number dance.


Next it was dinner time and time to get ready. I was so glad that my hair stylist Fawnia from Rumors Hair Studio in Lincoln was able to come do our hair. And Joe, from Columbus came to do our make up. Although I've got a lot of practice doing both my hair and makeup this year, it was a relief to have them help us get ready for the big show!

At 7PM sharp the preliminary show began with opening number, swimsuit and evening gown competition. The girls did a great job! At the end of the show I handed out the Miss Congeniality, Spirit Award, Miss Photogenic, and mentor award to the Miss Nebraska USA contestants. They did a fantastic job and the night was a complete success!

With a teen contestant before her evening gown competition.


3 Generations!

My girlfriends Alysa and Cassi.

Thanks Joe for doing my makeup!

At the end of the night we had our meet and greet at the theater and I got to go mingle in the crowd and see my grandma and mom who traveled to watch the show. I also got to see some great friends. Then it was back to the hotel where Geneice and I pigged out on some pizza and talked all night! And before I knew it I was getting sleepy eyed and headed back to the hotel room to get one more night's rest as Miss Nebraska USA. Wow has this year flown by! I still can't believe it! I'm excited for the next girl to experience this once in a lifetime opportunity!

Love,
Belinda Wright
MISS NEBRASKA USA

No comments:

Post a Comment