Monday, February 20, 2012

Road Trip!


 
Right after my birthday I packed up my essentials, and early May 27th Michael and I headed on our venture half way across country to sunny California. The trip took two days, and this is definitely something I highly suggest people to add to their bucket lists. The United States’ landscape is so beautifully diverse.

Woke up at 5AM to a rainbow. I felt like it was a message from my dad.
After crossing the boarders of Nebraska we were in Colorado! I cannot say that the two-hour drive through the mountains was my favorite, but luckily I had a great companion to take his shift during that part. Although the mountains made me nervous, Colorado scenery is always beautiful.

Next up was Utah. The red rocks contrasted so beautifully with the bright blue skies. But man oh man was that I long drive through “dead man’s ally.” No gas stations, no cell phone service, and no sign of civilization for around 200 miles. I have to say that was a little scary! Once we hit the 13-hour mark of driving, we found a dive hotel and crashed for the night.

We stopped at Wilson Arch in Utah, then decided to hike to the top. It was amazing. The photo below is a picture taken at the top.


 
Up early the next day, we made our way to the Grand Canyon! Wow, breathtaking does not do it justice. This was my favorite part of the trip. I wasn’t too daring and never made it close to a ledge without a rail, but nonetheless it was amazing and the highlight of the trip!
 
 
After the Grand Canyon we made the final stretch through the desert to California! It was a memorable trip, and one I will never forget! Stay tuned if you want to hear about my California adventures!

Best,
Belinda


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Trinicute,

      I'm so glad you are enjoying them! I'm glad to be back to blogging again.

      Thanks a ton!

      -B

      Delete