Sunday, June 6, 2010

Scotia Homecoming



It was an amazing feeling to be back in my hometown where I attended school since kindergarden. I came back to not only be with friends and family, but to celebrate our great town Scotia! I was honored to be apart of our Scotia Homecoming parade as the Grand Marshal. The parade was fun, rain and all. Yes, I said rain. Well more like a sudden downpour right in the middle of the parade! I laughed my way through it, and by the end I was drenched! This was a memory I will never forget! My first parade of the summer, and good ole Nebraska weather decides to shower us with lots of rain. :-)

Getting soaked in the middle of the parade.

Then it was off to the canopy for a meet and greet. I was able to sign lots of autographs and talk to a great number of people I hadn't seen in a very long time. This was extremely special to me, because I have received an overwhelming amount of support from Scotia. Every single person has been so gracious with all kinds of acts of kindness. I'll always be a Scotia girl!


I used to teach these girls dance back in the day! Now they're all grown up!

With Krista Hermsmeyer, our Scotia Homecoming Queen. I was Scotia Homecoming Queen back in 2006!

All the best,
Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment