Monday, May 10, 2010

A Special Thank You



A wanted to take a moment to thank everyone so much for all of the thoughts and prayers sent my way during the difficult situation I was placed in. May 7th, I received the horrific news that my father had been killed in a farming accident. Words cannot express the pain I was immediately struck by. I was fortunate enough to have the support from the Miss Universe Organization, who sent me on an immediate flight home to be with my family.

With my parents after winning Miss Nebraska USA in October 2009

I can't thank everyone enough for the tremendous amount of support and encouragement that gave me the spirit to fly back to Las Vegas and continue to compete for Miss USA in honor of my dad.

My dad and I at my brother's wedding in March 2010.

Every card, text, phone call, email, and facebook post truly touched my heart. Every pray was felt, not only by me, but also my family, friends, and new sisters I made at Miss USA. Along with my new guardian angel, it gave me the strength to go on to compete for my dream of becoming Miss USA.

I hope my story can help others going through difficult times. It's not easy, but being surrounded by love helps everything.

My dad, Harry Wright, lives on through my mom, Cyrstal Wright, my brother, Maceo Wright, my sister, Amber Wright, and myself. I would love to explain his amazing and inspirational life story, but my words cannot do him justice.

Love Always,
Belinda Wright


No comments:

Post a Comment