Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Pageantlovers.com Interview


An interview I recently did. Check it out at Pageantlovers.com

Nebraska has never had a Miss USA before. If you win Miss USA, how much of an impact do you think this would have for the state of Nebraska and for you personally?

I'm here to represent the small town girls with big dreams. I am so lucky to call Nebraska home. We truly are a state that gets behind ANYTHING Nebraska. Just look at how well our state supports the Huskers. I think my state would go crazy if I was lucky enough to bring home the title. I’d be on the front page of every newspaper across the state whereas other state representatives might get a mention in the news briefs on page 20. Personally, it would be a dream come true.

You were 1st Runner Up last year in the state level. What do you think you did different this year that enabled you to win the state title?

Self-discovery is so important to me, and through preparation for both last year’s and this year’s pageants, I discovered my personal strengths and weaknesses. I used to be terrified of public speaking. Through competing my first year, my self confidence grew and I learned that I was actually pretty good at public speaking. Now, I really love it!

What is your motto in life and how has this guided you through the tough times?

"Life's ups and downs provide windows of opportunity to determine your values and goals - Think of using the obstacles as stepping stones to build the life you want and deserve." This quote has taught me that every experience I face, good or bad, is an opportunity to learn and grow as a person.

Who is the one person that has the most influence on your life?

I take care of a disabled lady, and she has impacted my life the most. Helping her with her everyday life has helped me appreciate little things in life that I often took for granted. And, she inspires me because she faces such great difficulty just getting through each and every day, but still manages to have the best attitude and is so encouraging of others who really don’t have much to complain about in comparison.

Outside of the pageant arena, what are you passionate about?

My grandma has been making me dresses since I was a little girl. When I was little we would spend hours upon hours in the sewing room designing and sewing clothes. That helped me develop my passion for the fashion industry. After graduating in the fall from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln with Bachelor’s in Clothing and Textile Design and Mass Communication, I plan to pursue my Master’s and eventually start my very own fashion TV show on E! TV, Bravo, or MTV.

How important is your family to you?

My family is my backbone. I have the most giving mother, who would sacrifice anything to make her family happy. My dad has always been young at heart and taught me not to take life too seriously. I am the youngest of three children in my family. I have learned so many values in life from my older brother and sister who have essentially shaped me into the person I am today. I know that I have been so lucky to grow up in a diverse, extremely giving and loving family.

Tell something about yourself that most people don’t know.

I come from an itty bitty town in the middle of the country, and I am sure that I am the only contestant here who knows not only all of the names, but even the middle names, of my classmates in my graduating class.

What is the first thing you would do if you win the Miss USA title?

Order a gigantic brownie fudge sunday with extra chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment