Sunday, May 15, 2011

Teammates

With the girls involved with Teammates

On Saturday, May 7th, I visited Ord, Nebraska to attend the Teammates Tea. Mentors, along with their girls and the girls' mothers came together to get manicures and get their make up done. We had a nice dinner and then it was time for me to speak.

Speaking to the mentors and mentees

I spoke to the group about life, hope and possibilities. I reached out to the girls about dreaming big and creating BHAGS: big hairy audacious goals. I shared my life story and answered lots of questions about the Miss USA pageant, life as Miss Nebraska and the importance of education. I had such a good time being able to have an intimate setting where I could share my views and strive to inspire the Teammates group. After the speech I took pictures with the girls and signed autographs for each of them.
Signing autographs for the girls.
The Teammates Mentoring Program was founded by University of Nerbaska- Lincoln Head Football Coach Tom Osborne and his wife Nancy. There are over 4,000 matches across Nebraska, Iowa and California. I hope everyone, no matter your age, continues to set goals and go after your dreams! It was such an honor to be asked to speak to this amazing group of women.

xo,
Belinda Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment