Monday, August 30, 2010

Rosenblatt



Rosenblatt Stadium is in its final month of professional baseball. I was asked as one of the 13 "Nebraska Celebrities" to help close down the historic stadium during its final month. I went to the stadium and threw out the first pitch. I was a little nervous to throw this pitch because it had been a good four years since I've thrown a softball or baseball. But to my surprise I made it to the plate!

Throwing out the first pitch.

Where things get real interesting is when the clouds change from a dark grey, to a yellow, and then to a weird dark red color. I had heard the rain was supposed to start around 7PM, but it was 8:30PM so I was thinking that the rain was holding off. And it was, until I went out to the outfield to take the mic and pull off the huge "3" to a "2" for the countdown. At that moment it started to down pour. And I don't mean a light rain; it started to come down in bucket fulls. I pulled off the big number "3" and said a few words and then we took off running. The bad thing was that there was hardly any coverage from the rain and we had to run all the way back around the diamond.

Preparing to tear down the "3" to a "2" in the pouring rain!

Drenched!


This was one of those memories that I will never forget. It was a lot of fun and made the night that much more interesting!

Yours truly,
Belinda Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment