Sunday, August 29, 2010

Popcorn Days



I visited my second hometown, North Loup, to help celebrate Popcorn Days. I gave a short speech at the 7PM talent show thanking everyone for their wonderful support. After that I took lots of pictures with everyone. Then it was off to ride rides at the carnival for the evening! On Sunday I judged the floats then rode along and threw out candy! The parade was a blast, but with Nebraska weather I've realized you get either rain, wind, heat or snow. And during the parade I got wind! My candy box flew off during the middle of the parade and my crown nearly flew off! Last time I was in a parade I got rained on, so it was only right I got wind this time! Nebraska has to keep things interesting!

Little girls light up when they try out the crown! :-)

With girls from the talent show.

This guy is from Loup City, NE and has been to 186 consecutive Husker football games.

The dance team that I used to be on!

North Loup Popcorn Days is always a good time. There's free popcorn, since we are the popcorn county and always lots of things going on for the entire family to enjoy!

With my track coach from high school, an amazing woman who taught me so much not only in track but life.

Throwing out candy.


If you ever get a chance to check out Popcorn days, you won't be disappointed!

Belinda


No comments:

Post a Comment