Wednesday, February 3, 2010

National Girls & Women in Sports Day



Tonight, Amanda and I spent the evening at the Devaney Center celebrating National Girls & Women in Sports Day. We began the evening by signing autographs with several other women athletes from the University of Nebraska- Lincoln. From 6PM to 7PM we were able to meet with numerous children and adults and sign autographs and take photos with them. We got lots of questions about the pageant, and were able to expand and explain to everyone how positive the pageant experience is.


It was great to be apart of a celebration where women are recognized in athletics. I was a competitive gymnast my entire childhood. I continued to stay active in volleyball and track and field into high school. I debated running hurdles in college, but then decided to take a break from sports and concentrate on school and expanding in other areas. I strongly believe sports helps discipline and teach children to work with others on a team. Sports help to teach kids how to work towards a goal and achieve it. This is a great quality to carry throughout life.

Attorney General Jon Brunning at the Husker Women's basketball game

We were then able to sit down and watch our # 5 lady huskers women's basketball team beat Oklahoma State University. Let me tell you, our women's basketball team is amazing! There was a crowd of 13,000 people to help support them!

At half time Amanda and I went down on the court and were announced on Husker Vision.


It's always great to get out in the community and have the chance to meet so many amazing people! Amanda and I had a great night!

Yours Truly,
Belinda Wright
Miss Nebraska USA

No comments:

Post a Comment