Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Miss USA: May 16th


The official date for Miss USA has been changed to May 16th 2010. I am so incredibly thankful for this date change, because now I will not have to worry about missing almost a month of school! It was a tough decision, but I decided to remain a full time student after winning Miss Nebraska, and have been balancing school, work, Miss Nebraska appearances and preparation for Miss USA. I had talked to my professors prior to enrolling in their classes, and they were willing to work with me, but I was going to have to get ahead in my classes, do homework while I was at Miss USA, and take finals right away when I got back! So you can imagine the weight lifted off of my shoulders when they changed the date of the pageant. Now I will be able to take my finals before leaving for Miss USA, and officially be on summer vacation, a semester away from graduation!

Vanbros girls on The road to Miss USA 2010!

Along with 50 other contestants, we will venture to Vegas at the start of May. We'll spend two and a half weeks competing for the job of Miss USA. Updates will be posted at www.misssusa.com. May can not come soon enough! I'm so excited to meet all of these amazing women.

No comments:

Post a Comment