Friday, January 22, 2010

MLK

With Ben Gray, council-member for District II in Omaha

I spent the evening at a Martin Luther King Jr. Banquet in Lincoln, Nebraska. What an inspiring evening. I can't begin to explain the impact Martin Luther King has had on America in the past, present and future. Discussions were made about acting fast and now, about causes that matter. I was reminded of the struggles some of my ancestors faced at a time when racism was at an all time high; and how Dr. Martin Luther King broke down doors with passion and doing what he knew was right. I truly believe that we all have the power within us to make a difference and make this world a better place. Starting today. It was such an amazing and motivating night honoring Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, my hero.

One of my many favorite quotes from Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. is: "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." A great quote to live by.

Yours truly,
Belinda Wright
Miss Nebraska USA

No comments:

Post a Comment