Monday, December 20, 2010

Graduation!!


Journalism friends.

It's hard to believe how fast the last 4 and a half years flew by. Before I knew it I was ordering my cap and gown and finishing up my last semester of undergrad. I remember so clearly preparing to move from Scotia to Lincoln to start my college career. It was a huge step but I felt at home at UNL right away.

My roomie and I bright and early graduation day morning!

UNL did not want me to leave without a bang, they made me work extremely hard my last semester! But that made graduation day that much more special. It reminded me of how hard I had worked throughout the four and a years to receive my bachelors degree. School has never came easy for me, I've always had to study hard and put in extra hours to ensure a good grade.

With my good friend and co worker Katie!

Graduation day was wonderful. My entire family came, along with one of my best friends Geneice Wilcher and my boyfriend and his mom. I was even able to spot them out of the enormous crowd that filled the Bob Devaney Center in Lincoln. I was lucky enough to have a great number of my friends graduating at the same time as me. This made the day even more special.

With my brother, his wife, mom and sister!

Graduation didn't last quite as long as I was expecting. Since UNL is an extremely large school, graduation has the reputation to last quite a long time. But it was done in about an hour and a half. I graduated with the college of education and human sciences. But as a textile and clothing design & journalism and mass communications major with an emphasis on advertising, I have a very close link to the journalism college that I will be joining full force to get my masters degree.

My boyfriend/best friend.

Speaking of getting my masters degree; I couldn't exactly relate with a majority of my classmates because I'm not done with school or the University of Nebraska- Lincoln. I start right away in the spring semester in January. I'll be a full time student for the next year and a half completing my masters degree. I'll be studying Marketing, Communication and Advertising to receive my MCA. I've thoroughly enjoyed studying journalism and advertising, but am excited to further explore marketing and communications studies. I'll continue to work at our school newspaper, the Daily Nebraskan, and focus on successfully finishing my large load of school work.

My great friend Geneice!

After graduation we headed out to eat at my favorite restaurant in Lincoln: Sho Gun! Sushi and yummy food prepared right in fun of us with my family made for a fun time! Thanks to my mom for taking us all out to eat!

My mentor, biggest supporter, greatest mom ever!

Well graduation day was spectacular! Thanks to my friends, family and other supporters for all of the encouragement over the years! I did it!!

Happy Holidays,
Belinda

No comments:

Post a Comment