Saturday, October 9, 2010

Tiara Talk

Here is an interview I just did. You can access it at Tiara Talk.

1. What encouraged you to try out for Miss Nebraska USA?
I had an internship in Kansas City and I met a former Miss Kansas and Miss Missouri and they both encouraged me to do Miss Nebraska USA. I was also continually mistaken for a former Miss Kansas while I was in Kansas City. This made me curious about the pageant. I looked up the details about competing for Miss Nebraska and what the job entailed and discovered that it was the perfect fit for me!

2. As they announced each placement (T.15, T.5 and the winner) what were you thinking as you were getting closer to becoming Miss Nebraska USA?
Each time I made the next round I became more and more excited that I had a real chance to represent the state of Nebraska for a year! I had worked so hard and realizing I could reach my dream was an amazing feeling!

3. What has been your most memorable moment yet as Miss Nebraska?
There are so many memorable moments I don’t know how I can choose just one! The most unforgettable moment was being chosen as Miss Congeniality at the Miss USA pageant. It was such an honor to be chosen by 50 of the most amazingly talented, smart and beautiful women in the United States who are now some of my very best friends.

4. What was your favorite part of competing at Miss USA and who was your roommate?
My favorite part were the different events that we did while were at Miss USA. This was a great way for us girls to get to bond with the other contestants. Whether it was the Ceasers Palace pool party or the Sushi Samba Karaoke we had a blast and were able to get to know each other before we got down to business with rehearsals. My roommate was Miss West Virgina and we were the perfect pair!

5. What was going through your head when you were announced as one of the finalists for Miss USA?
It was a whirlwind of emotion. I had to catch my breath and immediately couldn’t wipe the smile off of my face. It was such a huge accomplishment to move on to the next round of Miss USA and have a chance to be the next Miss USA.

6. During your reign, you got the opportunity to be one of the camp counselors for the Miss Teen USA Fantasy Camp what was that experience like?
This was one of my favorite experiences as Miss Nebraska USA! I was so honored to be chosen to be a camp counselor at the Miss Teen USA Fantasy Camp. It was great to work with the Miss Universe Organization, former Miss USA contestants and of course the campers! We had a blast and were able to watch the campers self esteem grown an enormous amount over one week! We helped them in all aspects of the pageant and the campers had a great time. It was exciting to go watch my teen compete at Miss Teen USA. I can’t really complain about beach time and being on Atlantis Paradise Island for a week, to sum up the experience in one word: Heaven!

7. What words of advice would you give to a girl who is going to compete in a pageant for the first time?
Look at the pageant as a chance to grow and enhance your strengths and weaknesses. Make friends along the way, because the girls you are competing with can teach you so much and may become your life long friends. And if you win, get ready for the ride of your life!

8. In a little over a month, you will give up your title as Miss Nebraska, what will you be doing once your reign is over?
I plan to graduate with my bachelors with a clothing and textile design and journalism degree in December and begin graduate school in the spring focusing on marketing, advertising and communication. After a finish graduate school I am excited to begin working in the entertainment and fashion industry in collaboration with journalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment