Monday, February 22, 2010

The Real Story of The Big Bad Wolf



It's the little things that just put a great big smile on your face, and this afternoon it was 20 little first graders at Papillon Elementary. I was welcomed with lots of smiles and excitement this afternoon.


The teachers picked out a great book for me to read to the first graders: "The Real Story of The Big Bad Wolf." This was a spin on the classic story of the 3 Little Pigs that we all remember hearing when we were growing up. While reading they were very attentive and asked lots of questions!


After I finished the book, the students asked lots and lots of questions. They couldn't believe that I grew up in a town of only 3oo people! The little girls told me how they wanted to be Miss Nebraska one day, and I even had a couple boys ask if they could be Mr. Nebraska. ;-) I surprised them all with autograph cards, and ended the day with lots of hugs and smiles.


Yours truly,
Belinda Wright
Miss Nebraska USA

No comments:

Post a Comment